Saturday, July 15, 2006

Border Security

We have to secure our borders now.

I could end at that but it just makes me so mad that I feel like rambling on.

Every elected official in government today needs to be fired. End of story. They have done nothing to address the problem other than play partisan politics and yak about this and that.

If you love your country, do not vote for anyone that does not support sealing the southern border first, and then figuring out what to do with all the illegals that are already here. That is it plain and simple. If they are not on the bandwagon, do not vote for them. I am usually not a person that votes on single issues, but this is too important not to. I don’t care if the person wants universal healthcare, transitioning to the Euro, free abortions for all and the right to burn the flag, as long as they want to seal the border I will vote for them.

We have almost as many Mexicans in this country as there are Brits in Britain for God’s sake. Our illegal population is over half the total population of Australia. That means for all intents and purposes that we are losing the country. Slowly but surely, we are losing it. Look at the rate of the Hispanic populations increase in child births.

Anyway, if you get it, I have already said enough. If you don’t get, then you need to do some research. Go to talk to CalifChris on Drudge, he is as knowledgeable as anyone I know about this topic. Did you know that most criminals are males between the age of 18 and 35? Did you know the murder ratio in Mexico is about 6 times what it is in the US? Did you know that about 80% of all illegal immigrants are males between the age of 18 and 35?

If you are an open border, shamnesty supporter chances are you haven’t even got this far, but if you have, please educate yourself and please vote rational people into office that will deal with this issue.

This is a picture of me with a guy that aint gonna get my vote.

Cheers,
Walt

7 Comments:

Blogger The Phantom said...

Great post walt.. I'm with you on this one.I think here in PA. I may not have anyone to vote for.LOL but sadly laughing.


The Phantom

Saturday, July 15, 2006 at 5:52:00 PM GMT+4  
Blogger Walt said...

Well I hope someone steps up in your state. We have to do something about this, badly!

Saturday, July 15, 2006 at 5:55:00 PM GMT+4  
Blogger A Robed One said...

What do you propose we do with all the illgeal immigrants in the military fighting in Iraq?

Monday, July 17, 2006 at 2:56:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger Walt said...

Robed,

There are no illegal immigrants in the military. Any legal immigrant that is fighting in Iraq should be given citizenship however.

Monday, July 17, 2006 at 8:47:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger Walt said...

Robed,

Further to that last post...

I also think we should have something like the French Foreign Legion. I am totally supportive of having an "immigrant" Army and I am fine if they want to use that technique to gain citizenship.

That being said, I detect you might not like my post, which is fine, but don't you agree that we need to have a secure border?

Cheers,
Walt

Monday, July 17, 2006 at 10:56:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger A Robed One said...

Walt, you're probably right, I think there are residents in Iraq, and I think anyone who takes up arms for our country deserves citizenship.

My problem with your post is how it combines legal immigrants with illegal immigrants. You complain about Hispanic birth rates, but MOST of those are legal Hispanic immigrants, naturalized Hispanic immigrants (aka Americans) and US born descendants of immigrants (aka Americans). If you make arguments on the basis of the actions of legal immigrants and citizens then you are simply being racist, which I don't think was your intention.

Moreover, at the end of the day, regardless of how illegal immigrants behave, all countries need to secure their border. I can't imagine you'd advocate an open border with Canada because you view them as better behaved and are not threatened by Canadian birth rates. So, what I didn't like about your post was how it relied on denigrating a whole class of people to make an argument (secure the borders) that is just as valid without the denigration.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 1:24:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger Walt said...

Robed,

You are right. I did put that the wrong way and I see and appreciate your point.

I do not have a problem with legal immigration at all and I have no problem with hispanics. In fact my date for the function at the UK embassy is half hispanic.

I think the focus for now should be on the southern rather than northern border simply due to the fact that it is a bigger problem. We don't have hoards of Canadians maounting up and heading south.

I hope that Mexicos government will fix that broken country and that the Mexicans will be able to stay in Mexico rather than desperately seeking work in the US.

Anyway, you made your point. I get it.

BTW, I have been at a ceremony here in Baghdad when a Mexican soldier was officially awarded his citizenship. I could see the pride beeming from him, he was teary eyed and I could tell how proud he was. And I was proud of him as well.

Cheers,
Walt

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 3:19:00 PM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home