Monday, July 24, 2006

Death

I was hoping to get this posted before 1700 but it is now 1659 so I know that isn’t going to happen. I was going to hit the Green Bean at the palace to be in a secured location for the almost daily now 1700 rockets. But then I said screw it. The chances of me getting hit are so remote that it is almost negligible. I haven’t ever been that worried about rockets and I don’t intend to start worrying about them. If they get me, fine, but they probably wont.

Anyway, My AC was broke again today so I left a bit early. I meant to use it as an excuse to get some sun but I got lazy and decided to watch TV.

I watched some news about Lebanon. What a mess that is. My 2nd best friend is Lebanese and he is so pissed about what is going on that I think he is probably spitting fire. I feel bad for him but I also feel like Israel is doing what they have to do. I hope that Hez do not fire chemical weapons at Israel. If they do that, the Jews will nuke Tehran faster than you, too late, they already nuked them. I actually wish they would nuke Tehran. I wish we would nuke Tehran. Will someone please nuke Tehran?

So anyway, not a whole lot of news today. My deputy returns from leave tomorrow so I can get back to letting him do everything and start working on my schoolwork. I am getting a masters in international health and I am so far behind, and I owe so many papers that I doubt I will ever get it done. Oh well, I tried. Who needs a stinking masters anyway. Just a garbage piece of paper. Whether or not I have a masters is irrelevant, I can still do anything, but you know those HR pukes. They want you to have this qualification or that and they are bigger idiots than you, but they get to determine if you get hired. What a joke. I could do their job in 2 seconds. The only jobs that require skills are those like doctor, lawyer, and stuff like that which can’t be made up. I am a manager. I can manage anything. I don’t have to be a doctor to manage a hospital and I don’t need a MBA from Harvard to so. Hell, there are about “0” jobs that I can’t do.

Deleted paragraph here.

So anyway, I apologize for not posting pictures. For some reason this computer just wont do it. I have tried so many times, but it never works. Something is happening on this particular computer to prevent me from posting pictures. I am pissed. Nobody reads this crap, but hopefully they look at the pictures. So I am trying to post the pics at work but I don’t have all my pics at my laptop at work. I need to synch my drives but I am too lazy. Ok, I will do it sometime this calendar year I promise.

Anyway. You guys have a good one.

Oh yeah, death. Today a massive car bomb exploded and in addition to waking me up, killed a bunch of civilians. These clowns need to stop the madness. When I was in the States I lived in a residential neighborhood and I knew pretty much all the cars that parked there. It is no different here. These fools know when a new car appears. They also know that if a car parks on the street and the driver never gets out that he aint fixing a flat, he is waiting to detonate the explosives. BUT, these idiots don’t do anything about it. I live in a country where it is perfectly acceptable to shoot someone in the head. I can walk into Baghdad right this second and shoot some lunatic in the head and nobody can do anything about it. There are many times when I wanted to walk right out of these gates and start shooting people but I didn’t. Well the Iraqis can. If they see a car bomber, they can mow that dude down and nobody is going to do anything about it. They see a weird vehicle with a scared looking fanatic in it and instead of shooting his ass they allow their children to walk right by him. No problem, go to school Johnny. Too bad he blew himself up right when Johnny was walking by. Oh well. I don’t get these guys. Why don’t they stop it? Why don’t they fight back? I know that if I saw a car bomber parked on my street in the US that I would at a minimum call the police. These guys do nothing. What a joke.

Anyway.

Cheers,
Walt

3 Comments:

Blogger a void said...

In answer to your last questions, "Why won't they do anything about it?"... I think it's the mentality.. They believe that their welfare is their government's responsibility. Much like the US Democratic Party. How many times have you heard the police say something to the effect of "If you're attacked or robbed, don't fight back. Do as you're told. We will take care of things."? Same mentality. Of course, the Iraqi's you speak of show us the "after" in the great Democrat "Before and After" picture. Cheers to you too,

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 2:46:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger a void said...

In answer to your last questions, "Why won't they do anything about it?"... I think it's the mentality.. They believe that their welfare is their government's responsibility. Much like the US Democratic Party. How many times have you heard the police say something to the effect of "If you're attacked or robbed, don't fight back. Do as you're told. We will take care of things."? Same mentality. Of course, the Iraqi's you speak of show us the "after" in the great Democrat "Before and After" picture. Cheers to you too,

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 2:46:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger Walt said...

Avoid,

Nice point. I am sure that plays heavily in this situation. But if it is true, it really does mean things are hopeless in Iraq. Once on the dole its hard to get off.

Cheers,
Walt

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 2:47:00 PM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home