Sunday, July 16, 2006

Totally Random Questions

Today was largely uneventful. I talked to my friend Hidar today and asked him what the Iraqis feelings were towards the goings on in Lebanon. He said they don’t care. I asked if he thought the Iraqis were mad at the Israelis and he told me no. He said the Iraqis just want peace.

I do think he might have given a slightly politically correct answer on this one so I am going to ask some more people.

Anyway, I was thinking about Saddam today. There is a rumor that Saddam was originally held at the Main Presidential Palace in the poolside residence. The rumor is that there is 2 way (2 way or 1 way?, whatever you know what I am talking about) glass in one of the rooms and that Saddam was forced to watch as a bunch of military and civilians frolicked and drank beer by his pool. I highly doubt it is true, but it is damn funny if it is.

Anyway. I would like to know if Bush has talked to Saddam since he was captured. Has he called him? Have they brought Saddam over to be questioned? I think it would be hilarious to find out that Bush called Saddam just to say “I told you so”.

I also would like to know if Bush got a phone call before Israel started bombing Beirut. I am confident he probably did, but I don’t know for sure. I would love to see a transcript of that one. “Uh, Bush, what are you gonna do ifn we bomb Lebanon?” “Hell, bomb em, Bomb Iran while yer at it! Fine by me”.

Anyhow the last thing I want to ask is why is the USD worth less than any currency? The US economy is the most powerful in the world so should our dollar be. I am tired of going to the bank and getting 1400 dinar when my brit counterpart gets nearly 2500. What a joke. The US GDP is only about 1 trillion less than the GDP of the ENTIRE EU and is neary 3 times bigger than the supposed powerhouse, China. We should be the ones getting 1.8 pounds when we give them 1 dollar not the other way around. At least the difference in the value of the Euro is not so significant.

Anyway, here is a picture with a shark in Sydney harbor. Zat, you been there?

Cheers,
Walt

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Walt, just found your blog and started reading today. Short answer to your question about the currency is this:

We are acquring too much debt, while not selling enough, and buying too much stuff from others. All of this makes the value of the assets BEHIND the dollar (basically, the workproduct of America en toto) diminish.

Bouncer

Monday, July 31, 2006 at 1:55:00 AM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home