Thursday, August 17, 2006

Back in Baggers

I really don't feel like blogging right now. I have had the most exhausting days I have ever had for the last week. Whoever thinks international travel is glamorous or anything like it is fooling themselves or has never tried it. It is a huge pain. Anyway. I suffered 3 major computer crashes in the last day. My POS Alienware dies when I tried to restart it, total data loss. I wasn't that worried because I backed it up to my IBM lappy, well that one was dead when I arrived in my office as well. Total data loss. Both of my 80GB backup drives melted as did my 60 gig. So the net result is hat I have lost 2 laptops, 3 backup devices, and years worth of photos, documents, emails, videos, and music. I am in a slightly bad mood right now.

The only reason I can get on here is because I am running Ubutu live from the CD. My POS Alienware is in the mail back to doggone Alienware for the 3rd time and this IBM is toast. I am afraid to insert my memory sticks because the last thing I stuck in here, my 60 GB FireLite external drive, got whacked. So I will wait and use another computer and make a backup CD and then try it. So for the time being, I am not going to post any pics. I do have CD backups of most pics so it is not a total loss.

Anyway, I am back in Baggers. Same Same. I really enjoyed the break however expensive it was.

I had a whole long blog about the whole rest of the trip but it was lost when my computer shit the bed and I don't feel like re-typing the thing.

The flight to Baghdad was awesome though! We only had 30 people on board so there was plenty of space. 8 people puked. I have been on countless flights and have only seen 2 people puke (once was when I was flying the plane and my buddy yacked). Anyway, 8 people lost it. 1 guy got so sick that he missed his connection on the air bridge to the IZ. He looked like someone beat him with a bat and then kicked his ass. I couldn't help chuckling. How can people be so terrified of flying? If you are so scared, why do it?

Anyway, back in my hooch now. I am so jet lagged it isn't even funny. I had a great time at the wedding but I do not think it was worth all the travel.

Cheers,
Walt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home