Tuesday, August 08, 2006

London Calling

I don’t really know what to write about today. Tomorrow I set off for England and that is pretty much consuming all my thoughts. I am flying via the Royal Air Force and my initial journey begins at LZ Washington where I hop a helo ride to the BIAP. Then I Fly via C-130 to Basrah and link up with a Lockheed Tri-Star (L10-11) for the flight to Brize Norton. Once at Brize, we take a bus to Heathrow and then I am taking a tube to downtown and linking up with my sis. Like I said yesterday I am sooooo damn excited. It will be a great change of pace from Iraq. We were going to hire a car and drive to Scotland but on the advice of some locals have decided to take a train. So my sis is going to buy tickets tomorrow and then I will meet her the day after. She gets in a day earlier because my flight today was cancelled and I have to go tomorrow. Oh well. She will have fun with or without me for a day.

So I am so not looking forward to this flight. I don’t get in till 0400. I hope they have flight attendants. I will bring my POS Alienware with me and hopefully the battery will last for at least 1 movie before I crash. Oh, and I have to wear body armor and Kevlar. I don’t even have a Kevlar. I don’t need it. If someone shoots from the ground, to my plane, and hits me, I deserved to die. I don’t think the threat is that bad. To my knowledge, only 1 civilian has been shot and killed in an aircraft since the start of the war. I will take my chances. At least on US Mil you get the option to wear armor. Oh well, so I have to lug around 2000 pounds of useless armor across England. C’est la vie.

I have to write off Monkey World unfortunately. I just don’t have the time. I am taking unpaid leave and can’t afford to waste a few days for a few monkeys. But we will see. I really want to go there.

Anyway, I won’t be able to post tomorrow probably but I will try to post something while I am in the UK. Maybe they have WIFI on the Tri-Star? I doubt it. The Park Lane does however it is 60 GBP/day so screw that. Who would pay 100 $$$ a day for internet? The Queen? Not me!

Ok, let me find some pictures.

I miss my truck, so here are some pictures of it. Yes, I know how beautiful it is, please do not tell me, trust me I already know. God, I miss that truck.



5.9 liter V8. Nice



A shot of the back of the truck. Yes I know it the most beautiful truck in the world. Stop telling me.



Here is my niece on the trampoline I got her for X-Mas. She is so damn cool! Disregard, won't load. Ok, maybe it works now.



Cool, it worked. She is the coolest and smartest kid I have ever met.

Cheers,
Walt

2 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Hi Walt, have a great time in London. Deffo take the train rather than drive...you'll understand when you get here.

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 3:00:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger Walt said...

Will do, thanks bro

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 9:23:00 AM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home