Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Night Post

This should be a short one. I am in a bad mood today because I have finally come to the realization that I am probably not going to be able to complete my Masters courses on time. I will probably end up dropping out anyway, I hate that I put up with so much school BS to see it go away because of events here. I just can’t do it right now. Oh well. So I have to pay back my GI bill, I will get over it. Or maybe, instead of wasting my time typing all this stuff, I will get off my ass and type some papers. I have like 15 due tomorrow and in my current semester I am 4 papers behind. Maybe I should just end it there and type some papers. Nah, I hate school. I don’t need it anyway. I make decent dough without a Masters, why do I bother with it? My job isn’t forcing me to go.

So anyway, me and “G” had to give up our car today. We had a nice cool black Suburban but it was decided that we didn’t need such a large vehicle so we had to turn it in for a smaller one. So now we have some POS Nissan. I think it is called a Saloon. I have never seen one before. Speaking of Saloons, everywhere in the Middle East, a Salon is called a Saloon. It really pisses me off especially in Kuwait. You have no brew to begin with and then they have Saloons all over. Oh well, a Nissan beats the bus. I need to get me a job where I have a PSD team that drives me around and stuff. That would be nice.

Speaking of nice, it would be nice if “J” stayed in the Army. He will probably read this and make another joke about me “ass kissing” but so be it. He may also have reasons for getting out that are compelling. He is the guy that took my thermometer picture. Very good officers are rare in the Army. Good officers are common and bad officers are less rare. In 10 years of service I never met an officer better than J. I hope J stays in and gets promoted form Colonel to Chief of Staff of the Army.

Special note to J:

You would be next CSA if you stayed in. The Army could use you and it would be great to see you succeed in that role. I will stop there because I know you are going to accuse me of ass kissing. I am not; I am telling it like it is.

Ok, so anyway, I wrote yesterday that I didn’t want to have to re-type a bunch of crap. Here are some photos of my “desk”. I swear my back is going to be permanently ruined from sitting on the corner of my bed typing this crap. Here are the pictures. I have an “Air Desk”. I think it would be a good desk but my POS computer is too heavy for it. I specifically ordered a bigger base, but even that doesn’t help. This POS Alienware weighs 22 doggone pounds. For real, 22 LBS, do any of you have a laptop that weighs even close to that? Oh, and don’t buy one from Alienware. The thing not only weighs 22 pounds (literally) it is hotter than the surface of the sun, the battery life is about 13 nano-seconds, the customer support speaks 2 words of Spanglish, and the components are too high end and don’t work together. Get a Dell, hell, get an IBM. Just don’t get an Alienware, you will regret it, I promise. Here are the pics I couldn't post yesterday.







So anyway, I have another date with lunatic chick tonight. We are going to meet some co-workers at the embassy Lock and Load bar. It is only open on Thursdays. It’s also pretty boring, but there aren’t a lot of options in this 4km jail house.

Speaking of girls, I have been emailing a girl for about 2 weeks. She works for an EU embassy and wants to rent a room. She has a very weird name that I won’t post. Speaking of that, I have to be careful about what I post. I see some Google hits from such random things. Anyway. So I agreed to call her and arrange a time to take her to see one of the villas so she could decide if she wanted to rent it. I was doing a favor for a girl that works at the Australian embassy; she had asked me to help her friend. Well anyway, the Australian chick is very nice, she was actually the first chick I asked to go with me to the summer ball at the UK embassy, but she turned me down. Some other chick had already invited her. I don’t think she is a lesbo, but I was still disappointed. Anyway, she asked me to sort her EU embassy friend out. So I did. Today I talked to her on the phone and she sounded very hot, which usually means, not hot. Well I was wrong. She is totally hot. About 6 feet tall, blonde, very slim, nice uh body, and beautiful face with a casual elegance that totally gets me every time. A 9.9 in any country. So I take her over to see the rooms and hopefully she will accept my invite to Lock and Load. I would have to blow off lunatic chick but oh well. I hope lunatic chick isn’t reading this.

Anyway, not much going on today. Work was fine other than getting a POS YELLOW Nissan. Who even paints a car yellow? How gay. I feel like I am driving a damn Taxi. Oh well, better than walking. Oh yeah, I try to update my site at 1700 or 1800 GMT+3 time. If you are on the East coast look for updates at around 0900 or 1000 hours. I usually update once a day.

Forget the pics. Internet problems. I will edit them in later.

Cheers,
Walt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home