Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Catching up

Well it has been a pretty busy week. I have done a lot of fun stuff. For example yesterday, I went to Kabul International Airport to try to find a way to get a military helicopter ride to Kandahar. It turns out that I can but I have to go thru Bagram to get there. Not a big fan of Bagram if you will remember. Anyway, if I get stuck in Bagram waiting on a lift, I am pretty well and truly screwed. So I may just risk it and drive. I drive everywhere anyway. I have a “disguise” that I wear to try to blend in. I can’t wear my orange Ray Bans when I am walking around because I already attract enough attention.

I had to attend a small ceremony to do some handover paperwork to one of the Afghani ministries. It was pretty cool, met some cool people including some 3 star Afghani general.

I met the Taliban guys across the street. I have to say that living directly across from some Taliban is a little worrisome, but I am getting used to seeing the turbans and blanket things wrapped around them. So far I haven’t seen Osama. I have asked some of my co-workers who live in the mountainous regions of Pakistan, Waziristan, in particular to pay particularly close attention when they visit home.

Anyway, my internet is in and out right now, I will post this and try to get some pictures up there.

Cheers,
Walt

Just driving around:


More driving:


This reminded me of Thailand:


Never would have let this happen in Baggers:


A horrible shot of me at the ceremony:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Phantom said...

Hey Walt! Just stopped in to see how you are doing. I haven't heard from you for awhile. I really should get in here more as your travels are enjoyable to read. Good luck with your search for Obama! Find him and you retire a wealthy and FAMOUS man! LOL


The Phantom

Friday, February 29, 2008 at 2:04:00 AM GMT+3  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update your blog already asshat so I have something new to read - you are going to force me to actually work otherwise.

Jacque_Strap

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 4:01:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home