Monday, March 17, 2008

Maybe leaving Afghanistan

Well I have been offered a rather tempting job in Iraq. I am about 99% sure that I will take it. I am still waiting to hear all the details about this new job but I will be starting out as a PSD Team Leader. It is a step back in terms of seniority, but the pay is much better and the opportunity for advancement is almost limitless. I also have great friends who work in this company. I haven’t carried a gun in a while, nor have I had to suit up, so I am looking forward to the opportunity. Plus, I really miss Iraq. Those who have not experienced Iraq may never know the unique attraction a place like Iraq holds. Yes it is a shithole, yes it is dangerous and yes many great Americans have died there. I do not mean to take away from the suffering felt by those affected by the violence in that country. What I am talking about is the acute awareness and enjoyment of life one feels when they have spent a considerable amount of time in Iraq. I am rambling. I will just stop there and post some pictures. Ok, just a bit more, Kabul is fantastic, don’t get me wrong. Just today I met up with a dude I served with in Kentucky. I am going to sort him out Thursday. Ok rambling, I will pull it all together later. Basically I miss Iraq.

Cheers,
Walt

Some new construction:


More:


Not sure what this is:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Phantom said...

Hey Walt! haven't seen you around the PWZ for awhile. Best wishes for your safety. Not from the Afghani's or Iraqi's but from the left on the Retort! LOL
I'll drop back in to see if you move to Iraq or not. If you get a chance drop by and say hi to the guys.

The Phantom

Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 5:39:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger Walt said...

Phantom,

I can't get on there. I want to drop by but I can't.

Friday, March 21, 2008 at 4:51:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger The Phantom said...

How come Walt? You are a member there! Drop me a line at the_phantom@rock.com and we'll see if Rex can get you up and running.


The Phantom

Saturday, March 22, 2008 at 5:40:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home