Tuesday, October 10, 2006

More from Dublin

DAY 13
1726 Hours – Tue 10 Oct

Today was devoted to obtaining a new passport. I have to get a blue one in order to get on the boat. So I spent all day filling out the form and getting photos. Fortunately for me, the process should only take about 7 days which is more than adequate to allow me to make my cruise.

Yesterday I went to dinner in town with my friend and her 2 friends. They were all cool. We had some dinner at an Italian place and it was very nice. Before that we went shopping. It was so nice to shop for groceries. I could have spent hours in there. You do not know what it is like to not cook for 3 years or shop. The selection, as poor as it was, was overwhelming. I bought 3 different types of olives and I can’t wait to eat them. I also made some water with mint leaves and slices of lemons and limes. It is so simple, yet when you have been eating KBR food for so long…

It turns out that chewing tobacco is illegal in Ireland. Smoking isn’t, snuff isn’t, prostitution isn’t, and gambling isn’t, but chewing tobacco is. What a joke. So I bought some snuff and gave it a snort. Bad mistake that was. I felt like I had inhaled wasabi. What a mistake. Why anyone would snort snuff is beyond me. Well I won’t be doing that again.

Anyway, tomorrow I will begin the tourist stuff. I hope to see Dublin castle and the Guinness museum of course. Here are a few pics from yesterday and today.

Cheers,
Walt



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ireland's number one satirical website has been dissing you, man...

http://blogorrah.com/

(see October 11, "steaming pile of bullshit")

...maybe you should open can of whoopass on these Gaelic mothafuckas. What a joke.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 at 1:03:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home