Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Exploration Continues

DAY 7
1819 Hours – Wed 4 Oct

Today was a little less high stress than yesterday. I started out at about 1130 and headed to the National Gallery of Scotland to see some art exhibit. This one was actually cool. They had some Monets, and Rembrandts, and some other famous dudes. You could also look at marble statues and terra-cotta statues. I started trying to see if I could identify whether or not something was oil on canvas or panel. It is pretty hard at first but I soon became an expert.



Anyway after that I went to a small café. It was nice and my 3 slices of bread, 4 slices of meat and 1 pint of Heineken only cost me 31 dollars. What a bargain.

After that I walked down to the Dynamic Earth exhibit near the Parliament House. I have to say that it was pretty cool, but it was a bunch of green environmental wackiness. They really are convinced that they are doomed and it is their entire fault. I will give them some credit because never once have I heard anyone blame the US for their environmental troubles. They think that the 20 million tons of garbage they produce is part of it. Rhode Island produces more than that I bet. Anyway, they really believe in global warming, more so than little kids believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy. What a joke. Anyway, they sure believe it and they are doing everything possible to prevent it. Good on em. Waste your time all you like.

Here it is from the outside...



So I am sitting in a pub now. Have I been gone too long? A ton of the pubs and restaurants have free internet in them. Is that common in the States? Anyway, it is common here. You can have a pint and surf the net at the same time. Pretty cool if you ask me. Just make sure you don’t have an Alienware to lug around.

SO anyway here are a few pics.

Here is a shot from the gardens...



And another...



Here is a shot of the Balmoral Hotel from the south side of the Waverly depot.



That is all.

Cheers,
Walt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home