Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Finishing up in the States

Fixing to head to Georgia for CRC (CONUS Replacement Center).

Have to say I am not looking forward to this. My flight to Georgia is on Friday and guess what I get to do Thursday? That’s right, I get to have 2 wisdom teeth yanked and then the next day I get to fly to GA. I have to say I would rather eat one of my own toes. Anyway, the Doc says he is going to drug me so heavily that I won’t remember a thing. Jury is still out. Supposedly they are going to give me some “Happy Juice” whatever the heck that is and some other cocktail that contains Demerol and 2 other drugs. So I guess the best case scenario is that I wake up with 2 less teeth and 4 more addictions. Yeah!

So I am not looking forward to it. I finish the final segment of moving out of my condo tomorrow. My Mom is going to help me. Man it sucks not having a truck anymore. Anyway a buddy of mine is going to live here while I am away and he is going to get rid of the popcorn ceilings and put hardwoods on every other square inch of the house. I was never a fan of wood flooring, but now I actually like it, so I will do every square inch in wood. Carpet sucks; you just have more stuff to vacuum.

Anyway, it is getting closer to the day for me to leave and the biggest issue is packing. It is 1 thing to pack for a weeks trip to the beach, but an entirely different matter when you are packing for Afghanistan for at least 6 months. Yeah I know, waaa waaa. But it is still hard.

Well wish me luck Thursday; hopefully the dentist doesn’t end my life early for me.

Cheers,
Walt

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When I was in college I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once and still was able to make it to a party that night. You will be fine you big baby.....

Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 4:09:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Unknown said...

Katie says: "Grab a straw and suck it up dude!" You'll do great no worries!

Thursday, November 29, 2007 at 8:04:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger The Phantom said...

Whiskey! That cures all that ails ya Walt!


The Phantom

Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 2:14:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Rex Zeitgeist said...

Good luck Walt, check in and let us know how it's going

Sunday, December 2, 2007 at 2:32:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just talked with Walt and he is doing great...in Georgia; training, busy and has no internet(yes its driving him nuts!)...will up date his blog as soon as he can and will be in touch soon. Keep him in your thoughts.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 at 5:22:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home