Friday, November 16, 2007

New gun

Well today I went out and exercised my 2nd Amendment right and purchased a new gun. I might try to bring it with me to Afghanistan, but I doubt I will be able to. So I may let my sister have it while I am gone. She has a 9 year old, so she needs a gun. You know how bad those 9 year olds can get.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get it. I went into my Sportsman’s Warehouse, which has a monster selection BTW. All the girl did was take my ID, go off somewhere for about 5 minutes, then she came back and I had to fill out a pretty simple form. When we had that done, she called it in to the FBI, which sort of pisses me off but that is another story. The funny thing was that this little girl had to carry the gun all over the store with me and couldn’t give it to me until we were outside the store. The way she carried it around reminded me of someone carrying a human organ or something. Like it is going to explode?

Anyway, I got a Walther P99. This is the same sidearm that I carried in Iraq so it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to have one in my hands again. I never owned a handgun before so I am surprised at how happy it makes me to have one. Shotguns and rifles are one thing, but this is different. Picture me locked and loaded going thru my condo and clearing it room by room. I did it and it was fun. I know that if something happens, like someone breaking into my condo, I can just blast them. I wish someone would break in.



I wasn’t going to buy one before I left but I fear that at the rate we are shredding the Constitution I may not have the ability to get one in a few years when I get back. I would urge you all to go out and buy at least 1 gun, or 2. I would recommend the Walther P99 highly to use as a concealed carry weapon. It is smooth to fire, holds 15 rounds and comes with 2 magazines.

If you are looking for a great home defense weapon, I would suggest the Desert Eagle 50 caliber. This is one massive handgun and can take someone’s head off with one shot. Very cool, just make sure there aren’t any good guys behind your target. This can also be equipped with a weapon light and a scope if you really want a monster. If I get another gun, the .50 will be it. You can pick one up for about 1200 dollars. The Walther was about 600.

Here are the rounds I purchased. Federal Premium HydraShoks.

Anyway, that is about it for today, it was great to catch up with a lot of you guys last night on PWZ and will try to get back on tonight.

Cheers,
Walt

7 Comments:

Blogger Rex Zeitgeist said...

Nice gun man.....my dad had the same one....Smooth as silk, with little kick....

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 5:54:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Walt said...

I love this gun!!! I might sleep with it under my pillow. For old times sake.

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 5:55:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger The Phantom said...

Great looking little "peacemaker" there Walt.

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 5:57:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Walt said...

You gotta get one Phantom. Cheap and fun.

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 5:58:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Rex Zeitgeist said...

Cheap and fun.

Good women and guns always have simliar features.

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 8:03:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Walt said...

A fine wine is like is fine woman.

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 8:07:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Rex Zeitgeist said...

Hair triggers and sleek handles.

Friday, November 16, 2007 at 9:02:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home