Sunday, October 15, 2006

Uncovering Dublin

DAY 18
1516 Hours – Sun 15 Oct

Many apologies for the delay. Things have been so fast paced that I have not had time to blog.

Here is the deal. I have been way too busy to blog. There is a ton of stuff to do and see in Ireland. I took some pictures and stuff though. I also bought a ton of crap. I am not sure which is worse; mailing it back or carrying it back. Oh well, it is good stuff so I don’t mind.

So I went to St. Patrick’s Cathedral. That is a really cool looking church but you know it seemed more like a military memorial than anything else. They have banners as well as tombs to quite a few fallen comrades.





After that I went to Christ Church Cathedral. Another really old, really cool looking building.



The highlight of the day was supposed to be the Dublin Castle. It was not very impressive. I kept walking around looking for a castle but all it really was, was a huge mansion. I don’t want to see a mansion, I want to see a castle with a moat and dungeons and stuff. So this was more like a museum than a castle. Anyway, it was still very nice to look at and to wander thru. I wish they would have opened more rooms to visitors however.








I also went to the Guinness Museum. That is a cool place to visit for sure. They give you a free pint of the freshest stuff in the world. The brewery is just a few feet from where they brew the stuff.





In addition to just walking around and seeing a bunch of really cool buildings I also went to the Malahide Castle. That was a lot more of a traditional castle than the Dublin Castle.





Cheers,
Walt

1 Comments:

Blogger Rex Zeitgeist said...

The Guiness Museum?!? Now I am jealous....

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 1:13:00 PM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home