Sunday, January 27, 2008

Driving around Kabul in an un-armored car

Today was awesome. After the daily meeting, at 0730, me and another guy decided to look at some sites. So we grabbed a driver and went out. I have a ton of pictures, hopefully they will load.

Driving in Kabul is like driving in Jordan. Somehow they manage to fit 4 lanes of traffic onto a 2 lane road. Not so bad in Jordan but when you are worried about IEDs and whatnot, it can be a bit unnerving.

Anyway, so we drove all over and saw the sights. Did I mention I absolutely LOVE Kabul? You should visit. And no I am not being sarcastic.


Cheers,
Walt

Check out the hot chick in blue:



Fruit shop:


Meat shop:


Chicken shop:


Here I am up on a roof:


Here is what I had to climb to get there:


Here is my driver:


Here is some typical traffic: (Not a good place to be boxed in, I know, but what the heck?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home