Saturday, January 12, 2008

Leaving Bagram

Well I made the decision to not stay in Bagram after all. It turns out that the job was not nearly what I was expecting and a company that I had previously applied to offered me a very good opportunity.

Oh yeah, I am trying to type this on one of those keyboards that is split in the middle and it is really hard to type on it so forgive me if I spell things wrong.

Anyway, I got a job as PM, Project Manager with an Afghani-American company in Kabul. SO I am going to be heading there very soon. I am excited because it is not on a military compound, rather it is a villa complex in downtown Kabul. The good news is that it is where the excitement is and where there is more uhhh stuff to do.

Also, I am hoping to drop by Dubai on my way out of AStan to see an old buddy from Iraq. He owned the liquor store in the Green Zone, not that I would ever visit one of those. Anyway he is in Dubai now and I will get to see him again for the first time in a few years. He wants me to go back to Iraqw with him and open a restaurant. I am considering it. Once all that crap dies down, Baghdad would be a cool place to live.

AStan would be cool if you are into skiing or snowboarding. Bagram is surronded by awesome mountains that would make any diehard skiier uhh like it a lot. I could see starting a company here to cater to extreme ski ers. I could get a small chopper and lift people up to the top. I doubt they put many landmines on the slopes, but that is what a waiver is for right.

Anyway, I have to run. Pictures will be posted in about 2 weeks when I get settled in Kabul and have access to unrestricted high speed internet.

Cheers,
Walt

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It was great hearing your voice the other night and leave it to you to find beauty in a shit hole like that - your description of the mountains were wonderful!!! Safe travels...

Monday, January 14, 2008 at 11:54:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger The Phantom said...

Good to see you're doing well Walt! Stay safe bother.


The Phantom

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 6:27:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home