Sunday, March 30, 2008

सन्डे Post

For some reason, my titles appear in Indian I think. Not sure why. Oh well.

I have been having a great past few days. The work has been challenging but we are turning the corner. We have a few new projects including the construction of a new road. The weather is fantastic! Not too hot, not too cold. It rained a few days back, nothing major.

Well I have decided to stay put. I had some very tempting offers but I really like it here and have no real reason to leave. I may be sorry about the pay difference,
but money isn’t everything.

I am trying to find a cookbook for Western style food that is written in both English and Persian/Dari. Our cook does not speak or read English and it is very difficult to put a menu together and then teach him how to cook Western food. I sorted him out so that he can watch the cooks at the Whataburger. They have a Western menu that includes steaks, pastas, burgers, all that stuff. Well he goes and watches them and then he copies it at night for us. He has gotten much better. We were getting chicken and rice every single day, now we get burgers, fries, baked potatoes. I downloaded and had translated the menu for sloppy Joes; hopefully I will have sloppy Joe for lunch tomorrow.

Anyway,

Here are some pics.

Cheers,
Walt


Some hot chicks:



Some guys on the prowl. Hope they don't explode.


Somebody in an Armored Vehicle. Any moron can spot an armored car.


Buying some vests. Upper left hand corner.


About to meet Allah with Little Fat Man or whatever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rex Zeitgeist said...

Don't you ever miss home? I would think that as time goes on the novelty of being in a dangerous country might wear on you and you would long for the 'safety' (relative) and comfort (undeniable) of home.......

PS, the chick carrying the kid, is DAMN HOT....

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 6:21:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger Walt said...

Rex,

Not really sure how to answer that. Have you seen the movie “Crank”? I guess that is how I feel sometimes.

I am not always in dangerous countries, I get lots of breaks. I should be in Dubai this week for example and maybe Pakistan next week. (I guess you could make an argument against Pakistan)

The chick with the kid is hot eh? I thought you would have liked the one in blue.

See you on PWZ soon, working on an entrance.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 at 7:06:00 AM GMT+3  
Blogger nanc said...

ah, but just look at all the hot chicks!

do those burkas come in chartreuse?

*8]

Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 1:59:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home