Thursday, April 03, 2008

TGIT

Well, it is the start of a new weekend here. TGIT and all.

Yesterday I had a really great time playing Cricket with the guys. If you guys don’t like Cricket I strongly suggest that you try it. It is very fun. Much more fun than baseball. We play with a tennis ball rather the cork ball because we don’t have all the pads and whatnot. There is 1 guy who is an extremely fast bowler. He has hard to hit. Anyway, I know it looks stupid on TV but when you play it, it is fun.

The last time I did this did not go over so great. Well I just got back from performing a Class VI re-supply. So now I have a nice warm Tuborg to enjoy. While I was on my bay to the bottle shop, I got a little good information. The last time I was there, I noticed a very cute dog who was limping badly. Well this time, the same dog was still in the area and it was walking just fine. Maybe that is my omen for the week?

Yesterday, I was out looking for concertina wire and a cookbook. I also went to a light dealership to try to find some 1000Watt Metal Halide flood lights. I have to buy 450 of them. We are building a perimeter lighting system for a military base. These things cost like 300-500 each. I didn’t find them. Anyway, we were way on the other side of Kabul and I saw a scaled down replica of the Eiffel Tower. I swear, I had no clue it was there. We were in the middle of these huge blue buildings that are used for weddings and I was staring at them when all of sudden the Eifel Tower showed up! I did not have my camera but I will go back there and take some pictures.
Well, I haven’t got any new photos to post so I will dig up some old ones.
Oh yeah,

I am planning a vacation. Don’t know where to go this time. Any help?


Cheers,
Walt

Naaah That would be a cop out. Here are some pictures of my office:

My desk:



View from my window:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walt – your post reads like you enjoyed 10-12 of those warm Tuborgs before posting. Not that I would blame you as Tuborg is pretty fine. I have a friend that works in the Carlsberg/Tuborg factory in Copenhagen so I try to support him by drinking their products. I do the same for my dad (worked in a paper mill) by using any paper product as wastefully as possible to ensure increasing orders. Too bad they don’t carry Carlsberg much in the US much less Tuborg. Whenever I am overseas I drink as much as possible.

Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 8:36:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger Walt said...

LOL Jacque,

I went back and read it again, and it is pretty messed up. Sad thing is I was thinking about that post all day and when I tried to write it, well it came out jacked up. Oh well.

BTW, who are you? Do we know each other?

Friday, April 4, 2008 at 8:06:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home