Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Death from Above

There have been a lot more jets patrolling the skies over Baghdad lately. For the last few days or more I have heard almost constantly, the sound of jets flying overhead. It is comforting to hear it. I know that if someone launches a rocket that they will get an immediate reply.

When I was in Qatar I got to watch 3 B1 bombers take off for late night missions. Those are some cool planes. When I get back I am going to buy a print of a B1 flying low over a lake with water kicking up. It is a cool painting but I can't remember the artist. It will come to me. Anyway, as I watched those dudes take off I couldn't help but wonder if they were going to Iraq or Lebanon. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we helped Israel bomb some Hezbollahs. I actually hope we did. No matter the target though, someone had a bad night and probably woke up dead.

They are showing some 92 year old guy skydiving. I miss skydiving. If you haven't done it, do it. It is totally worth it. Also, if you get the chance to rappel out of a helicopter, do it as well.

So now I am watching George Clooney spout on about Sudan. A friend of mine told me the other day that he “Wouldn't go to a comedy show to see Alan Greenspan, why would he go to a political speech to hear Jeanine Garofolo?” Same is true with these movie stars. They are simply that, actors. I could give a rats ass what these uneducated freaks have to say about politics. When I strike it rich, you know what I am going to do? Shut my yap and enjoy my money. These clowns should do the same.

Anyway, here is a nice link. I love the prospect of striking it rich on Iraqi oil. I would love to broker a deal with a refinery to buy some Iraqi oil and I just want 1$ per barrel.

Anyway, that is about it.

Cheers,
Walt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home