Saturday, August 19, 2006

More random thoughts

Today was an interesting day. Work was about the same. We had the new guys pop round for some introductions but other than that not much new. It is so funny to see new guys. No matter the job, new guys always have no clue and grand ideas. I have been here long enough to know that most of that crap aint gonna happen. Anyway, they are good blokes and I like all of them so far. They have a lot of power and hopefully it will not get to their heads.

My sister found me a job in the States selling time shares. Interesting. But I am becoming more confident that this contract will be extended so I will stay right here. Hopefully a few of my deals will work out.

So anyway, I was at the pool tonight. People had made floats from empty water bottles and raced them in the pool. It was stupid but fun to watch. A Pom that I was with made the comment that “Yanks are fine by themselves but when you put them together, you had better watch out”. I told him he was just another racist anti-American Pom and that he should pipe down. He didn't and we all had a good laugh.

We really do have a bad rep in the world. I think it is because everyone else is jealous and I am right. How about this for hypocrisy? The most popular channel on Arab Satellites is freaking America Plus! Death to the Great Satan (after Friends and Stepford Wives Club that is)! What a joke. Go to any Arab city and you will find a million PACKED Starbucks. Get a life. What a joke. “WE HATE AMERICA!!! WE HATE AMERICA!!! MAKE IT A DOUBLE DECAF LATTE!!!” What a joke.

This is why I love nukular(TM) weapons. You want some Western culture do ya, well here is 50 megatons worth.

Cheers,
Walt