Friday, December 07, 2007

Heading to Afghanistan now

Heading over to Afghanistan

I did not have internet at all while I was at Fort Benning so I could not update anything.

The bottom line is that I am done with that and have left Fort Benning and I am now in Atlanta. I fly out tomorrow to Kuwait and will be there for a few days, maybe more, before heading to AStan.

I have to keep this brief because I have tons of emails to catch up on. Everything is good. I will start the regular posts when I get to Bagram.

Cheers,
Walt


Days of Glory

CRC Day 1.

It is days like this that make me wonder why the hell I do what I do. Seriously, it is exactly this sort of day that makes one question why in the heck anyone would want to go thru this. I have tons of pictures to post but guess what? My Alienware is screwing up and I can’t upload them because the media card reader isn’t working, but that is a much longer story than any of you want to hear. Suffice it to say that I am having headaches right now. Anyway, I haven’t slept 8 hours in the last 3 days because of my wisdom teeth and I am starting to go nuts. If I don’t pack a fattie soon I will explode. Addictions are a bitch.

Well I am trying to figure out how to mobile blog using my Blackberry and Blogspot but not having much luck. It would be easier if I could get online on my computer.

Well today was hell. I was reintroduced to the inefficiencies the Army has to offer. For example, take 300 people, tell them to line up and then tell them to divide up and then tell them they divided up wrong. Uh, OK. Sorry. Then wait till everyone divides up correctly and then combine everyone into one. I know that doesn’t make any sense right now but if you need me to, I can clarify.

Anyway. The whole day was a complete waste. I know a guy that has some connections with CRC and I will relay the futility of Day 1 to him. Not in a bitchy manner like this, but in a realistic manner with an offer of a solution.

I can see that I am making no sense to anyone that hasn’t been here so I am going to stop. The bottom line is, I have no internet, a 4 man room with 2 double bunks and a snoring roommate, communal showers, 2 less teeth, no sleep, and really am just a bitchy mess. I know I sound like a whiner but the fact is, I love this shit. You couldn’t buy this if you wanted to. Have met some cool ass people and am really looking forward to getting on that plane Sunday. “J” will recall CRC at Bliss, this is worse, but it is more collegiate and rugged. Way to go “consolidation”! Tax payer dollars beware!!!

Cheers,
Walt

2 Comments:

Blogger Rex Zeitgeist said...

Buck up soldier, no one said life in the army was eaasy. Course, it was peice of cake when I was active duty. (har har)

Take care of yourself Walt, keep your head down and your eyes up and stop in when you can.

Friday, December 7, 2007 at 10:50:00 PM GMT+3  
Blogger The Phantom said...

Good luck Walt! Drop us a line over at the PWZ when ya get a chance. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Saturday, December 8, 2007 at 6:29:00 AM GMT+3  

Post a Comment

<< Home