Friday, August 25, 2006

Burgers and Arabs

So here I am watching Night Rider on ArabSat. It is so cheesy. I can't belive I used to watch this AND like it. I also watched Airwolf (FNG hat and all) and I watched some show about some car that was like invisible but I don't think it was on long. Most of the shows I watched as a kid were recorded and sent to me in Belgium so I missed a lot of them. Growing up in Belgium was great because I got 20 dollars a week allowance and I immediately converted it to francs because it effectively doubled my money. I made sure to buy everything locally and not at SHAPE. I would buy so many firecrackers that it isn't funny. I still have a fascination with them. Every New Years I treat my nieces and nephews to a huge fireworks show. I am particularly fond of the relatively new “Mortars”. You get a 3 foot tube and drop these modules in the hole, light the 4 foot wick and BANG! They rule. I also use a lot of fountains and I love bottle rockets, but mainly I like to shoot those into the pond. Anyway, this year I have decided to hire someone to put on the firework show. They will help me plan the displays but I am lighting the fuses. I hope to have the biggest show in my town.

Anyway, ArabSat. I mentioned earlier about how pathetic it is that these Great Satan spewing Arabs watch nothing but American shows. They hate us so much but that doesn't stop them from watching all our movies. I say we shouldn't let them air our stuff till they behave. Also, go to pretty much any Middle East country and you will see a ton of KFCs, Starbucks, and other Western restaurants. They are packed. I was in England and the busiest restaurant I went to was a KFC and it was PACKED with Indians. “We hate Americans, but we love Chick-Fil-A!” “Quick Ackbar, burn that American flag!” “OK, now pass me a burger and turn the TV to America Plus”. What a joke.

Today is Friday so I got to lay out at the pool. I am getting pretty dark. 1 good thing about 120 heat is that you can get sun a lot more quickly than in the States. 2 good hours gets you the same as 4 in Florida. I will be back in SC in December and I will be the only dude with a tan. I guess nobody will see it because it will be freezing compared to Iraq but oh well. My white ass nearly glows in the dark so that will at least be visible.

I asked my school to put me on an indefinite period of inactivity. I just can't be bothered with school right now and it just too much work. Screw it. What do I need a Masters degree for anyway? Too much work for too little gain I say.

Anyway, sorry for not having pictures. I am afraid to insert my memory sticks into my computer for fear they will be erased. I have to wait till I get a working computer and then I will try again. I am going to watch Mission Impossible 3 tonight at the palace movie theater. I have already seen it but what the hell else am I going to do?

Cheers,
Walt