Saturday, August 26, 2006

"S" Can't Drive

I just heard that some Fox news journalists are kidnapped in Israel. I heard it on BBC World. Wow! I am so totally out of touch. The other day I got a phone call from Samuel L. Jackson. It turns out that there is a movie called Snakes, and these snakes are apparently on a plane. What is the deal with that? I heard that Fergie released her own album apart from the Black Eyed Peas. Lord only knows what else I have missed. Maybe it is time to depart.

On that note, my contract was extended for 2 more 6 month contracts. I have asked to take the first 6 months off and come back for the second. Hopefully that works out. I need some time to really unwind and prepare myself for another few contracts. I counted the months I have been here. In 1 week I will have been here for 31 months. I have taken leave for periods of at most 3 to 4 weeks, but other than that, I have been here the entire time.

Anyway, life goes on (without me). So today I finally figured out that my roommate is the worst driver on Earth. He thinks he isn't which only makes it worse. I have seen blind Iraqis drive better than him and that is saying something. Iraqis are the worst drivers on the planet.

The other day I said that it was very hot when you walk behind a condenser unit of an AC. Well today I walked past them and they felt cool. That is how hot it is today. So damn hot. Around 120. But the outside heat changes your body. I used to keep the AC at 71 or 73. Now, 71 will freeze me to death. I keep it at about 85 else I freeze. I don't know what is going to happen when I experience something as cold as 50 or 40. I might die from shock.

Cheers,
Walt

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Walter.......what up brother?....I hoep Centanni and his cameramen are relesed soon, it sounds ike the kidnappers are total idiots that are justfumbling around.......Damn fools..

Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 9:48:00 AM GMT+4  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I lived in Sicily, Italy during the worst heat wave in history...It was so hot that tires were popping and motorcycles kick stands melted into the tarmac......I worked a summer hire job on the Sigonella airfeild......The hottest it got was 140+ degrees..........One of the guys brought eggs to see if they would fry on the airfield but they cooked in the cartoon before he could do it......I feel your pain, and transitioning back to the cool weather is very easy to do....

Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 9:53:00 AM GMT+4  
Blogger Unknown said...

So there is a positive side to your being there Walt! I am so up to my ass in Pop Culture here and it is actually worse news than what is going on there. OF course you are in a part of the world that made David Hasslehoff a pop star.
Sorry I have not been here for the last few days. Been busy in Real Life.
You got extended? I thought you were eager to come back. Things must be going well there for you. Keep safe man and keep letting us know what is going on there.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 8:15:00 PM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home