Sunday, August 27, 2006

Heading Back to the States

Well today was a pretty rough day. I have been kicking around the idea of leaving Iraq off and on for a while now. Today I made the formal request to resign and will be headed back to the States on around the 28th of September. So 1 more month. That will bring me to 32 months total. I have asked to come back after 6 months. I just need about 6 months to clear my head and get back to normal for a bit. It seems silly saying that but I can tell that nearly 3 years in this place has changed me a bit. Some of you will be able to observe my changes from a year ago even.

Anyway, so to make it official I called my Mom and told her I was coming home. I knew that if I told her I was coming back that I couldn't change my mind. And to make it even more official, I began to pack. I am mailing stuff back tomorrow that will hopefully be waiting for me when I get there. It is not like I really need it though. Everything is provided here. All you need is clothes and soap.

I am going to take a short vacation before I go back and hit the Netherlands. I have some buddies there. After that I will visit family for about 2 weeks and then I am moving to Myrtle Beach and getting a flat. And I will chill out and see what happens.

I am looking forward to my bed. I have a huge Cali King size and I can't wait to unpack my kitchen stuff and start cooking again. I am selling my truck and buying a Smart For2. Or an Audi R8, I haven't yet decided. I want to buy a Smart just to give the finger to all the fat cat Arabs and even our own do-nothing government.

Anyway, that is the latest. I guess I will have to change my blog name soon.

Cheers,
Walt